If you’ve been following me for the last few years, you know I’m not the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day. It just seems forced to me, and I think that way too many women (both those with and without a valentine) end up disappointed. What do we all really need? We need to love ourselves and make the time to take care of number one. After all, you can’t pour from an empty cup. Here are a few of my favorite ways to take care of myself these days:
- I’ve been in love with the True Botanicals Body Balm since its debut over the holidays. It’s a little luxurious for everyday (for me, anyway), but I love to apply this after a long, hot bath before bed. The Prickly Pear Seed Oil, Jojoba, and Grapeseed Oils combined with beeswax create a silky, anti-aging balm that locks moisture into skin. The scents are all so beautiful, but my favorite is Oud, which is known as “black gold” in the middle east.
- Grown Alchemist Intensive Hand Cream with Persian Rose and Argan Extract is my new favorite hand cream. It absorbs instantly, prvodes lasting relief, and doesn’t leave any greasy residue behind. It smells great, and I also love the pretty, eco-friendly packaging. (Use code BAREBEAUTY for 10% off your entire order at Safe & Chic.)
- True Botanicals Smoothing Eye & Lip Balm is one of my all time favorite products (I’ve been using the jar version for a long time, and now, it is available in a chic little compact). I use it on my lips year round, and in the winter, I use it on my eyes at bedtime over my eye serum or eye cream. This super-gentle formula plumps and really seals in moisture.
- I carry La Bella Figura Travel Therapy Mood Booster for instant relief of tension and fatigue. I apply it to pulse points (inside of wrists, elbows, behind ears) as well as on my palms – cups hands together and breathe deeply for a minute. It works.
- I’m so excited to try the new anti-inflammatory, mood lifting Ayla + MyHavtorn Happy Tea. It is supposed to be great postpartum, especially since it’s also rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc and potassium (women are generally depleted of many minerals after childbirth).
- The By Rosie Jane James Candle smells so good; with notes of fig, amber, and gardenia, it is the perfect scent for colder months. I love the the minimalist aesthetic, and of course, the candle is super-clean; it’s made of soy-wax, essential oils and a cotton wick. (Use code BB10 for 10% off your entire order at LeVert Beauty.)
- My new best friend has been the Indie Lee Jasmine Ylang Ylang Bath Soak. I use it about once a week, and it’s helped ease my back and hip pain from pregnancy and has even helped my swollen feet a bit. The aromatherapy benefits are a bonus – the scent is feminine and uplifting. Note: some say that jasmine is known to induce labor. No such luck here, haha. (Use code BB10 for 10% off your entire order at LeVert Beauty.)
Other items I’ve been loving: this dessert-like face mask as well as my silk pillowcase – which has seriously changed my skin and hair for the better. Something else I like to buy myself is perfume – my current favorite is Fable from Ellis Brooklyn.
What is your favorite way to pamper yourself?
I’ve spent almost a decade immersed in the world of green beauty and nontoxic living. I want to help you find everything from a killer lipstick to a nontoxic laundry detergent, and beyond. Subscribe to a healthier lifestyle with me.
Thank you for subscribing!