In this week’s installment of What’s in Her Bag, I bring you Tara Foley of Follain. Tara launched Follain in July 2013, as the healthy beauty retail alternative, and a catalyst for cleaning up the U.S. beauty industry. Before Follain, Tara researched safe and sustainable skincare, apprenticing on an organic lavender farm in France, and with a private label skin care company in Maine. With degrees in public policy and in business, Tara’s vision, passion, and activism fuel Follain’s growth, and its mission of improving the health and lives of others.
Tara is smart, funny, warm and upbeat. She’s the kind of woman who makes you feel like you’ve been friends since 5th grade, so naturally when we did a little event together at her Nantucket location two years ago, I fell hard for her and for Follain. (And, some interesting trivia: her married name is my maiden name; we are practically family.) So, let’s see what’s currently in her bag, shall we?
- Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator – comes with me everywhere – especially when flying or training between our stores – instant refresh and great before reapplying moisturizer
- RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer – every day, all year long, for me – but especially this time of year when I’m the palest!
- RICA Body Butter – must have this time of year, when washing hands constantly – leaving skin and cuticles cracked – this is still my favorite and is so light it doesn’t weigh down any bag!
- Vered Anti-Aging Oil – the richest fast absorbing oil we have – truly leaves my dehydrated New England skin glowing when I wake up – yummy EO blend that smells delicious when using
- La Bella Figura Travel Therapy Mood Booster – a little on pulse points boosts my spirits – helps hit refresh and grounds me – so necessary this time of year!
Also worth noting is that Follain just relaunched their website, and it is awesome. It’s very easy to navigate and shop around, and they even offer a skin quiz. Very cool. Definitely check it out! And, between now and May 18th, use code GOCLEAN for 10% off your purchase.
Hope you’re having a great week!
I’ve spent almost a decade immersed in the world of green beauty and nontoxic living. I want to help you find everything from a killer lipstick to a nontoxic laundry detergent, and beyond. Subscribe to a healthier lifestyle with me.
Thank you for subscribing!