I’m coming down to the wire – 37 weeks – but who’s counting? A few readers asked for my personal recommendations for a baby registry. Great idea! Now that I’m on my second time around, I feel confident about what items I like, what we will actually use, what lasts, etc. And, of course, my picks are as natural and nontoxic as possible!
- Coyuchi Crib Linens are both organic and fair-trade, and they are oh-so-soft. In my humble opinion, there is nothing better.
- Finn & Emma Play Gyms are made of sustainable, nontoxic materials, and look adorable in the nursery, too.
- Again, Coyuchi’s swaddle blankets are organic and fair-trade. I love that they fold down into nothing, (they are 40×40″) so they’re great for travel, and they double as a bib, a shade from the sun, a nursing cover, I could go on and on. A must-have!
- Roberta Roller Rabbit’s baby quilts are not organic, but they are 100% cotton, very durable and the best size. I took Annabel’s everywhere with us. We used it at the park, under her little play gym, for changing diapers on the go, etc. I was so excited to get one for our little boy. (They are 45×45″.)
- The Roolen Breath Humidifier is sleek, quiet and easy to clean. In my experience, humidifiers keep the whole family much healthier during cold and flu season. I always put a few drops of tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil in to fight bacteria and provide a little aromatherapy.
- I might purchase this cute toy storage system by Oeuf – it matches baby boy’s crib. It is also made of sustainable timber and finishes are nontoxic, water-based and VOC-free.
- My friends who have the hypoallergenic Dockatot rave about it. It is an awesme portable sleep solution that recreates the womb, making baby feel snug and secure in his own micro-climate. It can also be used for tummy time. I’m so excited to use ours!
Not pictured is my favorite travel crib by BabyBjorn. If you don’t buy or register for this, you are crazy. It is the best. It is incredibly lightweight, you can collapse it with one hand (and baby in the other arm, seriously), and it folds down into nothing into a compact carrying case. We have traveled with ours all over the country, and it’s still in great shape. I also love that the mesh, mattress and other materials are free from health-hazardous substances and allergens.
I plan on posting other registry recommendations based on feeding, wake time, diapering, and bathing. Let me know what you are looking for!
I’ve spent almost a decade immersed in the world of green beauty and nontoxic living. I want to help you find everything from a killer lipstick to a nontoxic laundry detergent, and beyond. Subscribe to a healthier lifestyle with me.
Thank you for subscribing!