Last Summer, I shared my quick, everyday makeup routine and a lot of you have asked for my Winter version. As usual, my five-minute-face consists mostly of RMS Beauty, as it is so easy to apply. I also like that this line nourishes and moisturizes the skin; if you’re going to be sitting in makeup all day, it might as well be doing something for you, right?
- First, I apply RMS “Un” Cover-up in #22 with a Beauty Blender (you can also use your fingers) onto my under eye circles and any acne scars, sunspots, etc. to even things out. (I spray the Beauty Blender with toner, hydrosol or water to dampen it. That way, when you dip it into the jar, you don’t pick up too much product.)
- I apply RMS Eye Polish in Seduce to my lids using the pad of my ring finger. This shade is so gorgeous and has so much depth – it is an iridescent, earthy, olive-brown and creates an effortless contour in the crease of the lid. I gently tap the product into place until I’m happy with the results.
- I apply RMS “Un” Powder (the original, clear version) onto my lids and underneath my eyes to set. Rose Marie, the brand’s founder, insists on using the powder puff, but for the eye area, I like to apply the powder with a light, fluffy fan brush.
- I apply RMS Tinted “Un” Powder in 2-3 to the rest of my face using the included powder puff. Dip the powder puff into some residual product in the lid of the container. Gently press the powder puff into skin to even out the complexion and set any “Un” Cover-up.
*Note: I recently reviewed the Tinted “Un” Powder here. I love both the original and tinted versions of this magical powder. Nothing, and I mean nothing, soaks up oil and shine like this stuff does. But, it’s also gentle, doesn’t dry out the skin and never looks chalky – and it lasts all day.
- I curl my lashes and apply mascara. I use Josie Maran, which is not the Cleanest, but certainly 100x better than conventional brands, and it’s just what works best for me. It volumizes, lengthens and doesn’t clump. While it lasts all day without flaking or giving me raccoon eyes, it is not waterproof (no Clean mascara is).
- For blush, I apply RMS Lip2Cheek in Demure, which gives a girly, pink pop to my otherwise pale, blah winter skin. A little goes a loooong way! I tap this onto the apples of my cheeks using the pad of my middle finger and then *lightly* blend it using a swirly, circular motion. I apply this after the powder on purpose to create that glowing-from-within-look.
- I apply RMS Living Luminizer onto my cheekbones, brow bones, the inner corners of my eyes and down the center of my nose using the pad of my pinky finger using a light swiping motion. This is the most gentle, moisturizing illuminator; it’s perfect for the dry days of winter and it really fakes bone structure and a good night’s sleep.
- I apply RMS Lip2Cheek in Demure onto lips. While the color in the pot looks a little “Barbie Doll”, it looks so soft and pretty on and I think it perks up my complexion, too.
Five minutes later, and I’m done! If you are accustomed to powder makeup, there is a learning curve involved when switching to RMS, but within a week, you will breeze through this routine and wonder how you lived without it.
I’ve spent almost a decade immersed in the world of green beauty and nontoxic living. I want to help you find everything from a killer lipstick to a nontoxic laundry detergent, and beyond. Subscribe to a healthier lifestyle with me.
Thank you for subscribing!